- $350.00 - [MEMBER] Nonprofit Members
- $375.00 - [NON-MEMBER] Nonprofit non-Members
- $400.00 - [MEMBER] Private Attorney
- $425.00 - [NON-MEMBER] Private Attorney
March 1st through March 29th
Every Wednesday in March 2023
1:00 PM to 3:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM PT
Join us for this once-a-week 5-week small group course!
This upcoming March, forget March Madness and join us instead for March Mandamus, where you'll get the skills you need to be the MVP in District Court! This once-a-week 5-week small group course will teach you everything you need to know about evaluating, preparing, and filing a mandamus complaint. The course is offered by the National Immigration Project in partnership with NIPNLG Board Member Rekha Sharma-Crawford.
Please note, participation is limited to 48 and it is first come first served.
1. Day 1: Mandamus Fundamentals and Case File Review (120 Minutes - 1.75 CLE Credits)
Date/Time: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM PT
- Welcome and agenda
- Law Lecture: Mandamus Actions
- Strategy Lecture: What types of immigration cases are ideal for mandamus actions and what to consider before filing a complaint?
- Large Group Discussion: Review of the case file and assessing the case
2. Day 2: Building a Mandamus Complaint (120 Minutes - 2.00 CLE Credits)
Date/Time: Wednesday, March 8, 2023, 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM PT
- Large Group Discussion: Review of a sample mandamus complaint
- Small Group Work: Building the Complaint
- Large Group Discussion: Best practices and takeaways
3. Day 3: Filing, Serving, and Next Steps in Mandamus Litigation (120 Minutes - 1.75 CLE Credits)
Date/Time: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM PT
- Practice Lecture: Filing and Serving the Complaint
- Practice Lecture: The Complaint is Filed, Service is Perfected, What’s Next?
- Demonstration: Faculty Role Play on Negotiating with the AUSA
4. Day 4: Basics of Motions Practice in the Mandamus Court (120 Minutes - 1.75 CLE Credits)
Date/Time: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM PT
- Law Lecture: Motions Practice Overview
- Small Group Work: Responding to a Motion to Dismiss
- Large Group Debrief: Responding to a Motion to Dismiss
5. Day 5: Practicing Your Hearing Skills: Mock Status Conferences (120 Minutes - 1.00 CLE Credit)
Date/Time: Wednesday, March 29, 2023, 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM PT
- Small Group Work: Mock Hearing to Defend against a MTD in Small Groups
- Parting Words
Amber Qureshi, Javier N. Maldonado, Kate Melloy Goettel, Laura Murray-Tjan, Melissa Keaney, Michelle N. Méndez, Patrick Taurel, Rebecca Scholtz, Rekha Sharma-Crawford, Thomas Ragland, Victoria Neilson, Zachary M. Nightingale
The Washington State Bar Association has approved this training for 8.25 CLE credits. The 8.25 CLE credits count for all 5 sessions. We will offer a Uniform Certificate of Attendance, which allows participants to seek CLE credit with the state where they are licensed to practice law. Please note, you will only receive CLE credit for the sessions you attend live. Additionally, introductory remarks, breaks, and Q&A sessions are not included in the computation of credit. If you have questions, please reach out to the events team at email@example.com.
|Neon CRM by Neon One|